- Dress for Success is a non-profit organisation founded in New York City in 1997 as an answer to the needs of low-income women who were seeking employment and self-sufficiency
- Dress For Success Dublin specifically provides professional attire, career development tools, and a network of support to help women succeed in work
- This week a group of employees from the Intel Staffing department partnered with the Dress for Success Dublin organisation to provide a dedicated, day long series of activities
This week a group of employee from the Intel Staffing department partnered with the Dress for Success organisation to provide a dedicated, day long series of activities designed to support the organisation and its numerous clients.
Dress for Success is a non-profit organisation founded in New York City in 1997 as an answer to the needs of low-income women who were seeking employment and self-sufficiency. The organisation stems the underlying cause of cyclical poverty through grassroots programs that produce long-term solutions.
Dress For Success Dublin specifically provides professional attire, career development tools, and a network of support to help women succeed in work and in life and become flexible, resilient, lifelong learners who are competent and confident in transferring their skills.
The Intel employees provided to the Dress for Success group ‘train-the-trainer’ presentations on Interview Skills, Etiquette and Job Search Skills as well as conducting 1:1 consultation with clients to provide advice and guidance on CV writing and interview preparation. In addition to the service being provided by Intel employee, Intel has also provided technology equipment, including laptops and printers, that has enabled Dress for Success to launch their Career Centre.
More than 7,000 people worldwide volunteer as part of the Dress for Success organisation which helps to support the ongoing implementation of a number of programs which include;
- Suiting of Clients – this is the core offering of Dress for Success Dublin with women being provided with personal consultation and guidance in presentation and performance at interview.
- Professional Women’s Group (PWG) – Dress for Success have established a network for women to thrive in their careers with a calendar of networking events including breakfasts, workshops and keynote speakers.
- Mentoring – guidance and support is provided to clients on a one to one basis providing them with support as they transition into the workforce.
- Career Centre – a dedicated zone for clients to use computer facilities to prepare for interview and to upgrade their CV.
- Going Places Network – the Going Places Network helps unemployed and under-employed Dress for Success clients gain professional skills, accelerate their job search and build confidence through weekly training sessions, one-on-one career coaching and networking in a supportive environment
Adeline O’Brien, a coordinator with Dress for Success Dublin, welcomed the support of Intel and its employees, “we are delighted that Intel are assisting with our Career Centre. Our partnership with Intel will ensure that our clients are supported during their job search and their journey towards economic independence”.
Intel Ireland have developed a strategy and related programs which are dedicated towards the encouragement of women and girls to participate, prosper, and lead in our economy. Women play a fundamental role in our modern society bringing a diversity of experiences, identities and situations. Intel sees the importance of developing targeted actions that support the equal participation of women and which create an environment in which they can thrive and fulfill their individual potential.
Intel’s External Relations Manager Lisa Harlow was delighted with the success of the sessions, “For many women, becoming part of or re-joining the workplace holds significant challenge and specific supports are needed in order to ensure a diverse representation of females in all aspects of working life. Dress for Success are doing a great job of putting in place these supports in a way that is relevant and attainable for a large number of women and Intel is delighted to be able to support the initiative”.
Intel employees Emer O’Leary and Sarah Sheehan meet with Dress for Success clients
Emer O’Leary and Sarah Sheehan, Intel Ireland, at the Dress for Success Dublin offices
Sarah Sheehan and Dress for Success client at the organisation’s Dublin office
Intel’s Sarah Sheehan and Jake Boland join with Dress for Success volunteers to deliver presentations to clients
Further images from the event can be found here: Intel partners with Dress for Success – a set on Flickr
Intel is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices.
Additional information about Intel is available at:
Media contact: Sarah Sexton | email@example.com | + 353 1 606 8537