WEDNESDAY, MAY 1ST – Intel Ireland today launched the Mini Scientist competition for 2019 and schools are now invited to register to take part.
The Intel Mini Scientist is a competition for primary school students in 4th, 5th and 6th class and is open to schools across Ireland.
The competition invites schools to sign up and enter projects that can be completed either by individual students or in teams of students up to a maximum of 4 members. The projects can be based on a topic of choice that incorporates a focus on science and/or technology. Students are encouraged to take into consideration the Primary Science Curriculum which covers the topics of Living Things, Energy and Forces, Materials and Environmental Awareness and Care.
Once the projects have been developed, the school will host an exhibition to showcase the student work and an Intel will provide an employee who will visit the school and judge the exhibition. Intel will also provide prizes for all of the participants.
A winning project from every school taking part will progress to a regional final where students will then have the opportunity to compete for a place at the National Grand Final.
In 2018 / 2019 almost 8,000 students from 120 schools in 18 counties across Ireland took part in the Mini Scientist competition.
There are a number of fantastic prizes available to participating schools:
- Every school taking part receives a special commemorative plaque
- Every student taking part receives a goody bag and certificate.
- Every member of the winning project teams receives science related prizes.
- There is a €1000 monetary grant for the school which has the overall Grand final winning project.
- May 2019 Launch of Intel Mini Scientist 2019
- October 4th Closing date for registration
- October 7th – November 15th School exhibitions take place
- December 5th – 20th Regional finals take place
- February 2020 Grand Final event takes place
Want to Get Involved?
The Mini Scientist is open to schools all across Ireland and there is no minimum number of students required for a school to participate. To sign up to participate in the 2019 competition visit www.intel.ie/miniscientist where you can also find additional information about the competition.
The Intel Mini Scientist is all about having fun and getting some practical, hands on experience of science and technology – sign up today and join the fun!
Additional information about Intel is available at:
Media contact: Sarah Sexton | firstname.lastname@example.org | + 353 1 606 8537