This week Intel Ireland has launched the Mini Scientist competition for 2015.
Helping to launch the Intel Mini Scientist 2015 were Jamie Boyle and Róisín Dunne, students from Timahoe National School, Co. Laois
The Intel Mini Scientist Exhibition is a competition for Primary school students in which they develop science related projects which are then exhibited at fairs held within their own schools. Winning projects selected at this school level exhibition then go on to take part in the Mini Scientist Regional finals before the culmination of the program in a National Grand Final event. As part of the school exhibitions Intel employees will visit the participating schools as judges.
The competition invites students to work either individually or in groups of up to 4 people to develop science projects that are based on a visual display and a project book. The competition, which is open to 4th, 5th and 6th class students, supports the Primary Science curriculum and is a great way to encourage enthusiasm and practical learning in the area of science.
In 2014, 5,500 students took part in Mini Scientist from 14 different counties with 93 different schools taking part.
There are a number of fantastic prizes available to participating schools:
– Every school taking part receives a special science pack with prizes that can be used in the classroom as well as a commemorative plaque
– Every student taking part receives a goody bag and certificate
– Every member of the winning project teams receives science related prizes
– There is a €1000 monetary grant for the school which has the overall Grand final winning project
• May 7th Launch of Intel Mini Scientist 2015
• October 2nd Closing date for registration
• October 5th – November 27th School exhibitions take place
• December 5th – 19th Regional finals take place
• January 22nd 2016 Grand Final event takes place
Want to Get Involved?
The Mini Scientist is open to schools all across Ireland and there is no minimum number of students required for a school to participate. If you would like to register your school to take part in Mini Scientist 2015 please visit www.miniscientist.ie and use the link provided to register your interest in the competition.
Jamie and Róisín from Timahoe National School were the overall winners of the 2014 Intel Mini Scientist
Schools form across Ireland are invited to sign up to this year’s competition by visitng www.miniscientist.ie
Further images can be found here: Mini Scientist 2015 Launch – an album on Flickr
Intel is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices.
Additional information about Intel is available at:
Media contact: Sarah Sexton | email@example.com | + 353 1 606 8537