This week Intel Ireland has launched the Mini Scientist competition for 2016.
The Intel Mini Scientist Exhibition is a competition for Primary school students in which they develop science related projects which are exhibited at fairs held within their own schools. Winning projects selected at this school level exhibition then go on to take part in the Mini Scientist Regional finals before the culmination of the program in a National Grand Final event. As part of the school exhibitions Intel employees visit the participating schools as judges and Intel provides prizes to each participating school.
The competition invites students to work either individually or in groups of up to 4 people to develop science projects that include a visual display and a project book. The competition, which is open to 4th, 5th and 6th class students, supports the Primary Science curriculum and is a great way to encourage enthusiasm and practical learning in the area of science.
In 2015, almost 6,000 students from 14 different counties took part in Mini Scientist with 105 different schools involved.
There are a number of fantastic prizes available to participating schools:
- Every school taking part receives a special commemorative plaque
- Every student taking part receives a goody bag and certificate
- Every member of the winning project teams receives science related prizes
- There is a €1000 monetary grant for the school which has the overall Grand final winning project
- May 31st Launch of Intel Mini Scientist 2016
- October 4th Closing date for registration
- October 10th – November 30th School exhibitions take place
- December 5th – 20th Regional finals take place
- February 3rd 2017 Grand Final event takes place
Want to Get Involved?
The Mini Scientist is open to schools all across Ireland and there is no minimum number of students required for a school to participate. If you would like to register your school to take part in Mini Scientist 2016 please visit www.miniscientist.ie and use the link provided to register your interest in the competition – once you have registered your interest you will be invited to sumbit your entry details from September 1st.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) expands the boundaries of technology to make the most amazing experiences possible.
Additional information about Intel is available at:
Media contact: Sarah Sexton | email@example.com | + 353 1 606 8537